5 Questions with Chester Weber
Aug 22, 2016
- Why did you choose combined driving, and what is your favorite part about the sport?
To be honest, growing up I wanted to be a jockey. However at over 6 feet tall, that dream died early. I started with driving draft horses, Clydesdales specifically, then switched to combined driving in my teens. My favorite part of the sport depends on the horse, or horses, that I am driving. If they excel in one phase that always makes it a favorite.
- What are some of your go-to training exercises to get your horses ready for a competition?
I focus a lot on the basic fundamentals of dressage, as that is the foundation of my training program.
- What activities do you do outside of riding to stay fit?
I enjoy skiing, running, and workout in the gym 6 days per week.
- What is your best advice for a driver just starting out in the sport?
Invest in the horse, not the equipment.
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
Winners train losers complain.